ClimateWatch has partnered with Cool Australia to build free climate change and citizen science lessons in the areas of mathematics, geography and science. The lessons focus on phenology, climate change and citizen science. Lessons are linked to the Australian curriculum and serve to empower school children to understand climate issues and contribute to solutions. Each lesson can be used as a stand-alone or together as whole units.
- Citizen Science - Science | Years 7 & 8
- Citizen Science - Geography and Science | Years 7 & 8
- Citizen Science - Maths | Years 7 & 8
- Citizen Science - Geography | Years 9 & 10
About Cool Australia
Cool Australia provides students and educators with free teaching resources and professional development courses. A not-for-profit organisation that upskills teachers by providing teaching materials that embed real-world concepts around environmental, social and economic issues into core subject areas. Created for teachers by teachers, these easily adaptable, curriculum aligned tools include fun and engaging activities that can also be used by parents and carers.
Connect to nature in your backyard and neighbourhoods through ClimateWatch. Our free resources are suitable for primary & secondary school students and adults too.
Kids Nature journaling
Check out the wildlife in your backyard and record seasonal changes through nature journaling.
Use our questions or make your own with inspiration from the ClimateWatch species.
Field recording sheets for school groups
For those without a smart phone or device, download the survey sheets below to record your observations.
Some things to remember:
- Familiarise yourself with ClimateWatch species
- Schedule a computer session after field activity to enter your observations into the ClimateWatch web app
- Photos are essential to help validate records for scientific use